my boomer dad decided to not stop my 16lb dog from devouring a dime-sized piece of onion that fell and now i'm horrified that she'll die, an...

my boomer dad decided to not stop my 16lb dog from devouring a dime-sized piece of onion that fell and now i'm horrified that she'll die, and the worst part is that he won't even take me to the fricking vet because "she'll be fine, it was an accident!" are my fears justified?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

  1. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    She'll be fine, man. That's not even close to being lethal. Going to the vet for something like this is a waste of your money.

  2. 11 months ago
    Anonymous
  3. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    Nothing will happen you dumbass
    Poor people feed their dogs their food leftovers full of salt, onions and garlic and their mutt dogs usually live for a long time

    • 11 months ago
      Anonymous

      >usually live for a long time
      They get a new dog every 2~3 months because the old one got poisoned/shot/ran over/ran away.

  4. 11 months ago
    Anonymous
  5. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    Lord shim hear our prayers

  6. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    you sound like a homosexual, take a chill pill

  7. 11 months ago
    Anonymous
  8. 11 months ago
    Anonymous
  9. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    I didn't even know onions were bad for dogs, mine has eaten a bunch of human food that had onions on it, but I guess it takes a lot to harm a big dog because I didn't notice any difference.

  10. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    One time my dog ate a whole bag of those Halloween reeces cups and she was fine. I know it’s scary but it will probably be fine

  11. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    >he won't even take me to the fricking vet
    Why can't you drive?

  12. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    I fricking hate boomers so much. Any updates on your dog?

    • 11 months ago
      Anonymous

      She's doing fine, no symptoms so far but keeping a good eye on her.

  13. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    My border collie once got into a cupboard when we weren't home and ate 2 medium easter eggs and she was fine
    >captcha AAHN0O

  14. 11 months ago
    Anonymous
  15. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    Onions become problematic at like a whole pound. One little bite is not going to hurt anything,

  16. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    Your dog will be okay anon. A tiny bit of onion or grapes won't cause any issues. Keep an eye on her but there's no need to panic.

  17. 11 months ago
    Anonymous
  18. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    muh dog toxicity is way overplayed. my grandfather had an 18 year old obese dog that practically learned the english language with frequent chocolate treats.
    she'll be fine.

  19. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    You're fine anon. They're toxic to dogs, that is true, but a little bit of an onion isn't going to hurt it. You just don't want to make a habit of it.

  20. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    You need to take your dog to the vet right away, be sure to do bloodwork and lots of other tests.

  21. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    It would take eating about half of a medium-sized onion at once to potentially cause toxicity in a dog that weight- a dime-sized piece is fine.
    I’m too lazy to figure out how much is dangerous over the span of a month (roughly the length of time it takes to replace blood cells fricked up by the onion).

  22. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    >Dime sized piece of onion
    She's fine
    I cook with onion all the time and my Chihuahua is constantly stealing food, she's fine.

    There is absolutely no reason to take your dog to the vet over such a small amount, especially for her size. Is she even acting sick?

    • 11 months ago
      Anonymous

      not really, she's only maade a weird noise once a few mins ago but otherwise everything seems fine. Granted this only happened an hour ago.

  23. 11 months ago
    Anonymous

    We'll see what happens.
    My dog ate a chocolate chip cookie before though.

    • 11 months ago
      Anonymous

      Were they of similar size/weight? In the past my dog has also eaten a single grape but (thankfully) nothing ever came from it. Still really scared about this since onions are probably worse than either.

    • 11 months ago
      Anonymous

      when I was younger my friends dog ate literally an entire halloween bag of snickers and was fine, he was panicking and so we sat with her all night, aside from shitting in the house probably from being over stuffed she was fine

    • 11 months ago
      Anonymous

      Mine stole and ate practically an entire bag of M&Ms as a puppy and stayed overnight with the vet for observation. IIRC she just had some diarrhea but otherwise she was fine.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *