Wauf! is a community-driven pet blog and forum. Our head contributors care about and often write about pet justice, but we cover just about any topic related to dogs, cats, reptiles, parrots, and all kinds of other animal friends.
As a community we are committed to promoting pet welfare and fighting for the rights of all animals. We believe that pets are doing us a solid by allowing us to be their companions, and that all pets deserve to be treated with respect, compassion, and love. We will never tolerate animal abuse or neglect, and we will always stand up for voiceless victims of cruelty.
You can contact us for a chat any time!
Q: How do I post an image?
Just upload it to imgur.com and then put the direct url (not album url) to the imgur image at the top of your post.
Think you have what it takes to write an article worthy of being featured on Wauf!? We welcome you to submit interesting pieces of writing as long as they relate to pets or pet keeping and they maintain a high standard.
- The article must be original. It will be checked in Copyscape.
- It must be written in English and meet our standards for quality. That means 1000+ words and there must be a reasonable logical flow so we don't have to move paragraphs around.
- Please don't waste anybody's time by asking to write about subjects that are too common or easy ("how to make your dog sit"). Many people have already offered to teach our readers how to make the dog sit! Focus instead on bringing the reader new angles and new data. What kind of problems are pet owners facing these days -- and what do they want to read about for entertainment?
- If you cite any studies or data, you must provide the links.
Examples of pet articles we love 💖
- Fascinating animal related legends and stories.
- Cool pet stuff in history. Example: 10 fearless war heroes that were also animals.
- Op-eds and opinion pieces if the angle is reasonably novel. Example: 13 reasons to get a dog in your early twenties.
- Useful or interesting How To’s, Top 10's, and tips on anything related to pets. Example: 10 steps to canine-proofing your home for your new pup.
- Authoritative guides, in-depth looks and investigations into a single focused pet subject (only suggested if you are passionate about the topic!). Example: How cats and dogs came to be seen as natural enemies.
- A solid and authoritative presentation of one of the views in a pet-related debate.