I love my kitty, but sometimes she does things that drive me crazy! If you’re a cat owner, I’m sure you know what I mean. Here are 10 things only us cat owners can truly understand:
1. When you bring out the car carrier to take your kitty to the vet, she will extend her claws and draw blood before you can finally succeed in getting her in there.
2. This is nothing compared to the unearthly yowling you must endure all the way to the veterinarian’s office.
3. When you bring out the vacuum cleaner, she will completely disappear. You will never be able to find her, and when she suddenly reappears, you will have no clue where she has been hiding.
4. Compare this to when you are trying to call a friend on the phone or, even better, make a Skype-business call. Then she won’t leave your phone alone.
5. Do not even consider having a plant in your home if you have a cat. That plant is obviously meant to be eaten, and that dirt is clearly intended as a place to poop.
6. Try making a bed with a cat around. The chances are that he will think it is all a game, and make a dive for under the covers, refusing to move.
7. Even better, try sleeping in that bed. Somewhere around 3:30 am, your cat will decide this is the perfect time to run from one end of your living space to the other, as loudly as possible. Or, for extra effect, your two cats will start scratching on your bedroom door and crying in the dark of night.
8. You create a special shelf by the window so that your cat can sit and sleep there, but no; he’d rather snooze on your computer keyboard.
9. You even buy a whole container of your cat’s favorite food, but of course now he can’t possibly eat that flavor of food anymore.
10. Do you have a printer in your home? Your cat will appoint himself as guardian of your printer, and once in a while he’ll grab that paper from the out tray and destroy it.
And yet in spite of, or maybe because of, these strange behaviors, our cats are adorable and we can’t get enough of them!