Interested in having your work featured on Wauf!? We welcome you to submit interesting pieces of writing as long as the post relates to pets or pet keeping and it maintains a decent quality standard.
Guest posting is a mutually beneficial arrangement that builds your reputation as an expert and influencer in the pet industry. We are always happy to promote our contributors!
Guest post guidelines
- The article must be original. It will be checked in Copyscape.
- It must be written in English and meet our standards for quality. That means 800+ words and there must be a reasonable logical flow to the structure so we don’t have to move paragraphs around.
- Please don’t waste anybody’s time by asking to write about subjects that are too common or easy (“how to make your dog sit”). Many people have already offered to teach our readers how to make the dog sit! Focus instead on bringing the reader new angles and new data. What kind of problems are pet owners facing these days — and what do they want to read about for entertainment?
- If you cite any studies or data, you must provide the links.
- Please suggest at least 2 possible article titles/topics when you contact us.
PS. We like to give our guest authors a full custom author box. Include a short bio/description and a picture that is somehow relevant to you (can be symbolic or just your company’s logo if you prefer).
Examples of pet articles we love 💖
- Fascinating animal related legends and stories.
- Cool pet stuff in history. Example: 10 fearless war heroes that were also animals.
- Op-eds and opinion pieces if the angle is reasonably novel. Example: 13 reasons to get a dog in your early twenties.
- Useful or interesting How To’s, Top 10’s, and tips on anything related to pets. Example: 10 steps to canine-proofing your home for your new pup.
- Authoritative guides, in-depth looks and investigations into a single focused pet subject (only suggested if you are passionate about the topic!). Example: How cats and dogs came to be seen as natural enemies.
- A solid and authoritative presentation of one of the views in a controversial debate (for example the perennial pit bull safety debate, or the ethics of keeping certain animal species as pets, et cetera!). Example: 33 sacrifices a year is a small price to pay for Pibble’s smile.
Ready to become a contributor? Send an email and we’ll get on it right away: