Can (non-human) animals be autistic? I'm fairly sure I know an autistic horse.

Can (non-human) animals be autistic? I'm fairly sure I know an autistic horse.

Schizophrenic Conspiracy Theorist Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Schizophrenic Conspiracy Theorist Shirt $21.68

  1. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    Gold Ship (the real one) is proof that animals can have autism. It just manifests differently from humans.

  2. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    Look me in the eye and tell me a husky isn't just a wolf with autism

    • 9 months ago
      Anonymous

      Frick off dog fricker, huskies are trash tier dogs, they're not wolves in the slightest

  3. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    90% of dogs have autism/adhd, the other 10% have dementia instead.

  4. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canine_cognitive_dysfunction
    This is autism but for dogs.

  5. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    WHAT THE FRICK IS THAT REAL??

    • 9 months ago
      Anonymous

      yeah, it's real

  6. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    >autistic horse
    That's just called a horse

  7. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    I'm 90% sure one of my cats is a legit autist or otherwise brain damaged based on her habits and her interactions with my other cat. She doesn't read feline body language well, communicates inappropriately for the situation, has a compulsion to lick feathers until they're dripping with spit, and drags one toy up and down the stairs so it never leaves her sight. She holds said toy in her front paws and yodels to it like it's her baby. Her eyes sometimes stay asymmetrically dilated, one bigger one smaller. She can't eat food normally, you have to hold her head into the bowl for like 5 minutes in order for her to realize there's food, or else she starts begging again like there's nothing there. She can't eat food without spinning in circles beforehand like some kind of "thank you" dance. My other cat treats her like the moron she is and seems embarrased of her.

    I suspect she may have been struck in the head at some point before I got her.

    • 9 months ago
      Anonymous

      Yeah that’s probably genuine brain damage, at least it’s the funny kind

    • 9 months ago
      Anonymous

      >Her eyes sometimes stay asymmetrically dilated, one bigger one smaller.
      >She can't eat food without spinning in circles beforehand like some kind of "thank you" dance.
      deffo sounds like a neurological issue

    • 9 months ago
      Anonymous

      That's not autism your cat has a TBI. See what happens when a cucumber sneaks up on it. I wonder if it just won't react or have a full blown meltdown instead.

  8. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    White tigers are highly prone to the 'tism

  9. 9 months ago
    Anonymous

    it's the normal state of birds yeah

    • 9 months ago
      Anonymous

      aren't most birds exceedingly sociable though?

      • 9 months ago
        Anonymous

        They’re female autistic not the icky male kind

        • 9 months ago
          Anonymous

          I'm sure it really depends on your perspective.

      • 9 months ago
        Anonymous

        Not raptors. Their design is hyperfocused on being flying, hypersensory murder machines and they act like autismos when interacting with other creatures.

        • 9 months ago
          Anonymous

          Can confirm, I work with rescued raptors and they all act like huge autists, sometimes it's because of the abuse they've endured a lot of times that's just how their brains work. They are extremely visual and auditory creatures, if you are wearing different clothes than you normally do, talk too loud, or make too many sudden movements they will freak out and it will often break their whole routine for the day where they refuse to eat/bathe/etc. They do well with strict routines and don't like meeting new people or being given too many new things at once.

      • 9 months ago
        Anonymous

        Penguins are both

    • 9 months ago
      Anonymous

      no they are not. autism is a defect in human behaviour. when all birds act autistic it is thier natural behaviour not defective. aka if all humans are autistic autisim wouldn't exist.

      • 9 months ago
        Anonymous

        >autism
        >defect
        dude you're on Wauf

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *